BEGINNING STAGES OF THESIS PROJECT
_____________________________________________
![]() |
| Planing steps for building. |
This research involves a series of investigations regarding construction material, techniques, building codes, and permits. I'm looking at several online documents and videos on how to create simple structures like, sheds or balconies. My background in drafting and architectural design comes in handy to plan out and design the structure, the physical nature of building it is still new to me. I start by creating sketches and then moving on to a floor plan of the desired structure. I found that using Google Sketch-up really help you out in figuring the over look of what I'm trying to build.
| Sketch-up basic design. |
Sketch up is a 3D modeling program for applications such as architectural, interior design, civil and mechanical engineering, film, and video game design. In terms of planning out installations it really helps mainly because you are able to design relatively quick and as long as you have a computer you can work anywhere.
Here I created a small 1/4"-1' scale model of the building I plan to create. I am following some criteria in terms of building wall (stud distance etc.) With some liberties knowing that this wont be a permanent building, but a temporary one. There for it is not necessary to stay completely to architectural code, as long as it is a save build and can complete its task.
____________________________________________________________________
This video was very helpful in regards to the basic planing for steps.


No comments:
Post a Comment